- Watch my video explaining the Euclidean Algorithm (14 minutes).
- Compute the gcd of 135 and 170. Show all the steps of the algorithm, as in the video.
- Compute the gcd of 183 and 105. Show all the steps of the algorithm, as in the video.
- Consider the equation $7x + 15y = 1$. Find an integer solution to this equation using inspection or trial and error.
- Using the previous problem, tell me the inverse of $7$ modulo $15 and the inverse of $15$ modulo $7$. (This should require no computation, just look at the previous problem and have an aha moment!)
- Hand in what you’ve done on canvas, as usual.
Fall 2023 – Professor Katherine Stange