- The Module 2 Test is on Friday in class. It also covers part of Module 1. Written test, no calculators or cheat sheets. I will include the mod 26 addition/multiplication tables in the test packet. See the Goals page for a list of topics (those with checkmarks; I’ll further update the checkmarks after Wednesday’s class, depending on what we manage to cover). Textbook review questions are listed under Modules 1 and 2 on that page.
- I will have an office hour on Thursday at noon on the classroom zoom link.
- You can find some index calculus examples that work out nicely in this replacement video (9:18), its accompanying notes, and in the course notes I’m writing (currently section 2.8.3). Please use these as resources rather than the live lecture video where I made and had to correct errors.
- Solve the discrete logarithm problem for $p=131$, $g=2$, $h=17$, using the Index Calculus method. You may use the Index Calculus Tools and Sage’s modular arithmetic and plain arithmetic computations to avoid by-hand computations, but please solve the linear system by hand (i.e. choosing which equations to subtract from which etc.). Note: this is a randomized algorithm, so you will get different relations than someone else, or next time you run the tool. If you are not finding a very nice linear system, just try to get some more relations and pick simple manageable ones.
- Please spend the remainder of your time studying for the Module 2 Test on Friday.