- To Know: Your assessment for Module 4 is due Monday!
- To Know: Here are solutions to the last daily.
- To Do: For the daily post, demonstrate the classical part of Shor’s algorithm using Sage, as follows:
- Choose N = 33463.
abe your favourite random integer between 1 and N-1.
R = IntegerModRing(N)and
alpha = R(a). The Sage command
alpha.multiplicative_order()will play the role of the quantum computer; it outputs the multiplicative order of alpha.
- Use the result to factor N, in the manner of Shor’s algorithm, as described in class. If it doesn’t work, try another random alpha (as you would in Shor’s algorithm).
- Hand in a record of the task to the daily dropbox.